BCI - Supply Chain Resilience
Deepen your supply chain knowledge and implement robust resilience strategies
If you were asked to list all the possible threats to your supply chain, we might still be there tomorrow! Between the climate of financial austerity, volatile markets and globalization, supply chains are often under complex and global pressure. Suppliers may be located in areas of the world that suffer considerable threats from severe weather systems and many logistical problems.
Take this course to understand supply chains, how they are managed and how to add resilience measures to them and therefore, to the business. It is about how to engage with those responsible for procurement and their teams to embed Business Continuity and resilience into the business supply chain.
By achieving this course, you will:
• understand supply chain risks and interdependencies in the context of Business Continuity
• explore strategies and solutions in order to increase the value of your supply chain and to reduce its vulnerability
• learn how to coordinate your supply chain resilience with your top management and staff (reports, response, maintenance and exercises)
What you will learn
Most organizations rely on external providers and suppliers in the delivery of their products and services. Based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines, this 1-day course will introduce you to the supply chain operating reality and its most important components, in order to increase and manage its resilience.
Several teaching lessons have been picked and mixed with exercises to offer you a practical course. The course covers all these key concepts:
• Professional Practice 1 - Policy and Programme
• Outsourcing - Bought in services
• Supply Chain Resilience - In Supply Chain
• Professional Practice 3 – Analysis
• Category Management - A Collaborative Approach
• Supply Chain Management - A Project Approach
• Supply Chain Resilience - Example
• Supply Chain Management - Sourcing Strategy
• Professional Practice 4 - Design
• Professional Practice 5 - Implementation
• Professional Practice 6 - Validation
During this workshop, you will obtain documentation and you will apply the concepts. It will provide you with theoretical guidance and practical experience in dealing with a variety of incidents.
Who is this for?
This course is perfect for professionals in Business Continuity wanting to further their knowledge in supply chain risks and strategies or procurement specialists who want to supplement their practice:
- supply chain managers
- individuals who source and buy products and services
- individuals in charge of the BCM programme
- all Business Continuity practitioners who need to understand how to increase supply chain resilience
For the Supply Chain Resilience course, no prior knowledge is required, although:
- it is beneficial to have a basic understanding of Business Continuity in a resilience, risk, HSE or security related roles
All students will receive an official certificate of attendance directly from the BCI after they successfully completed this course.
About Premier Continuum
A leader in Business Continuity, Premier Continuum helps worldwide organizations increase their organizational resilience through state-of-the-art of consulting and training services, supported by ParaSolution, its world-class BCM software. As a certified training partner of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) since 2008 and of ICOR since 2014, we have offered hundreds of classes in Canada, USA and Europe and trained more than 500 professionals. We share our an unparalleled knowledge of the standards and best practice in various industries, and take pride in sharing their practical field-experience and their complete vision of resilience with the PCI students.