ICOR - BCM 2000/3000: Implementing ISO 22301
Develop and manage an efficient Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
Are you confident with your organization’s business continuity and disaster recovery response? Between the unpredictability of natural disasters, IT security and data breaches, and numerous incidents, preparedness can help your organization anticipate, predict and better manage possible incidents.
Take this course to learn from a practical “how to” guide built to make you explore all important aspects of a Business Continuity Management Programme (BCMP), for all types of organizations. You will then learn how you can help your organization grow securely by using proven frameworks.
By achieving this course, you will :
• gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in compliance with ISO 22301
• learn how to establish a framework that allows your organization to continue efficiently during disruptive events
• master the key concepts related BCMS procedures
You will also have the opportunity to get your ISO 22301 Lead Auditor credentials. You can afterwards use it to showcase your knowledge, distinguish your expertise and prove your commitment to professional development.
What you will learn
Acquire the knowledge to support an organization from planning, to implementing, to managing, to monitoring and to improving a BCMS. Based on implementation best practice and ISO 22301 requirements, this course will give you an understanding of the founding blocks of business continuity management system and how to interpret and implement it in specific organization.
8 Lessons / Competency Areas
2000.1 Leadership & Governance
1. The BCMS—Purpose & Value
2. Leadership Commitment
3. Roles, Responsibilities, & Authorities
4. The BCM policy
2000.2 Planning & Program Management
1. Project Management
2. Setting the Scope & Objectives
3. Managing Change / Program Maintenance
2000.3 The Business Impact Analysis
1. Purpose & Types
4. Reporting & Communicating
2000.4 The Risk Assessment
1. Purpose & Types
4. Reporting & Communication
2000.5 Determining & Documenting the Strategy
1. Understanding Risk Appetite
2. Protecting Prioritized Activities
3. Determining Resource Requirements
4. Documenting the Strategy
2000.6 Implementing the Procedures
1. Documentation Requirements
2. Incident Response Structure
3. Communication Procedures
4. Business Continuity & Recovery Procedures
2000.7 Checking the Procedures
1. Awareness Needs
2. Competency Requirements
3. Exercise Program
2000.8 Performance Evaluation
1. Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Evaluation
2. Evaluating BC Procedures
3. Internal Audits & Self-Assessment
4. Management Review
Included in the course materials are case studies, multimedia, small group activities, games, and takeaways such as sample policies, a BIA/Risk assessment tool, case study, open for business toolkit, templates that meet ISO 22301 requirements, and more. You will also have access to content from ISO 22313, 22317, 22318, 22320, 22398, and 31000.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for any professionals responsible for developing and for maintaining conformity with BCMS requirements within an organization:
- those new to BCM
- consultants, internal audits, risk management professionals and project managers involved in business continuity
- expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of the business continuity management system
For the ICOR ISO 22301 : Implementing ISO 22301, no prior knowledge is required.
The ISO 22301 Lead Implementer certification exam is included. The certification exam can also be challenged online without taking a course.
Exams are a combination of multiple choice and short-answer problem solving. To earn the certification requires a score of 75% or higher in each competency area. 2.1 CEUs
- Certification Exam is included in the course fee
- This course entitles to a free one-year membership to ICOR
About Premier Continuum
A leader in Business Continuity, Premier Continuum helps worldwide organizations increase their organizational resilience through state-of-the-art of consulting and training services, supported by ParaSolution, its world-class BCM software. As a certified training partner of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) since 2008 and of ICOR since 2014, we have offered hundreds of classes in Canada, USA and Europe and trained more than 500 professionals. We share our an unparalleled knowledge of the standards and best practice in various industries, and take pride in sharing their practical field-experience and their complete vision of resilience with the PCI students.