ICOR - BCM 5000: ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
Become an ISO 22301 Lead Auditor and Help your Organization Validate its Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
Many are the benefits to Business Continuity Management (BCM) : managing the possible threats to your organization, taking a proactive approach to minimize downtimes, demonstrating resilience… But when it comes to auditing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), it needs a profound comprehension of the ISO 22301:2019 and ISO 19011:2018.
Take this course to learn the principles and practices of how to independently auditing a BCMS. Upon completion of this course, you will gain a solid understanding of Business Continuity management programs and practices along with an in-depth study of the appropriate audit requirements.
By achieving this course, you will:
• understand the principles and key practices of a BCMS, and requirements for auditing a BCMS
• grasp the essential elements of ISO 22301, ISO 22313, ISO 19011 and ISO 17022
• master how to lead, plan, manage and execute an independent audit of a BCMS in accordance with the requirements of ISO 22301
You will also have the opportunity to get the CETP credentials. You can afterwards use it to showcase your knowledge, distinguish your expertise and prove your commitment to professional development.
What you will learn
Develop the skills and knowledge to conduct and lead effective BCMS audits. Built on in accordance with the requirements of ISO 22301:2019 and 19011:2018, this 5-day course will help you understand the best standards and practices when auditing a BCMS.
4 Sections / Competency Areas
1. Requirements for a BCMS
A. Management Systems & Certification
B. Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
C. Introduction to Business Continuity
D. Leadership & Governance
E. Business Continuity Program Management
F. Documentation & Records
2. Developing Strategies to Mitigate Risk & Continue Operations
A. The Business Impact Analysis
B. The Risk Assessment Process
C. Identifying & Selecting Strategies & Solutions
3. BCM Program Implementation
A. Plan Design & Program Structure
B. Response Procedures
C. Warning & Communication Plans & Procedures
D. Business Continuity & Recovery Plans & Procedures
4. Checking the Procedures
A. Exercise Program
B. Evaluation of Business Continuity Documentation & Capabilities
C. Performance Evaluation
E. Writing the Audit Report
Constructed around a case study, you will move through the course applying the best standards to auditing practices. To help you measure your knowledge, small “quizzes” are taken during the course after each section to absorb what you have learned.
Who is this for?
This course is designed for existing Lead Auditors, Business Continuity professionals, IS professionals and Internal Auditors:
- professionals with auditing experience who are interested in adding the auditing of BCM Systems (BCMS) to their audit capabilities for conducting internal and/or external audits
- professionals who are interested in conducting compliance assessments for BCM program improvement
- any BCM professionals and consultants who wish to add auditing competence to their skill sets
For the BCM 5000 : ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Course, no prior training is mandatory, although:
- having a BCM or auditing expertise is helpful
The ISO 22301 Lead Auditor exam is accredited by PECB and can be used as evidence to pursue the ANSI Accredited certification as an Auditor.
Once you have completed the required number of audit hours, upon completion of this course and passing the exam with a rate of 80% or higher, attendees will earn certification as an ISO 22301 Lead Auditor.
Certification is valid and does not need to be renewed until standard is updated.
- Certification Exam is included in the course fee
- This course entitles to a free one-year membership to ICOR
About Premier Continuum
A leader in Business Continuity, Premier Continuum helps worldwide organizations increase their organizational resilience through professional consulting and training services, supported by ParaSolution, its world-class BCM software. As a certified training partner of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) since 2008 and of ICOR since 2014, we have offered hundreds of classes in Canada, USA and Europe and trained more than 500 professionals. We take pride in sharing our unparalleled knowledge of the standards and best practices, our practical field-experience and our complete vision of resilience with our students.