PCI - Business Continuity Basics
Learn to Lead and to Maintain an Increasing Resilience tailored to your Organization's Objectives and Culture
Business as usual can be interrupted by any types of threat or disruption and recovering from a disaster requires capabilities to maintain activities and operations to reduce internal and external consequences for your organization. Business Continuity will bring you to do an introspection within the heart of your organization to find the potential point of disruption.
In this course, you will be introduced to the importance to develop all the asset and understand the process to manage disruptions and avoid the impacts that could be way worse than what it needs to be.
By achieving this course, you will:
• understand the Business Continuity Management (BCM) cycle, the theory and basic tools
• get practical experience in order to create a BCM program with relevant plans
• learn to initiate and maintain a Business Continuity Programme and plans up to date
What you will learn
Business Continuity plans are vital to secure an organization's growth. In some industries, they even are a legal requirement. Certified by the Quebec Public Security Ministry and based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines (GPG), this course will provide you with the theory, basic tools and practical experience, required to create a BCM Program with relevant plans.
Several teaching lessons have been picked and mixed with exercises to offer you a practical course. The course covers all these key concepts:
• Identify your critical functions and their priority
• Determine the strategies to be implemented
• Build incident response teams
• Create plan content and maintain it up to date
• Conduct efficient exercises
• Assess the state of preparedness
Who is this for?
This course is for everyone who would like to be introduced to Business Continuity and who wants to learn the basics of Business Continuity Management :
• risk management professional
• professionals looking to start a career in the industry
For the Business Continuity Basics course, no prior knowledge is required.
About the Premier Continuum
A leader in Business Continuity, Premier Continuum helps worldwide organizations increase their organizational resilience through state-of-the-art of consulting and training services, supported by ParaSolution, its world-class BCM software. As a certified training partner of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) since 2008 and of ICOR since 2014, we have offered hundreds of classes in Canada, USA and Europe and trained more than 500 professionals. We share our an unparalleled knowledge of the standards and best practice in various industries, and take pride in sharing their practical field-experience and their complete vision of resilience with the PCI students.