BCI - Introduction to Business Continuity Training Course
Kickstart your business continuity career with these business continuity basics in just one day
Starting a career in business continuity? The Introduction to Business Continuity Training course is perfect for newcomers and professionals with business continuity (BC) responsibilities!
This training equips you with the core concepts and practices of business continuity management (BCM).
Along with the fundamentals, you will receive a dedicated workbook as well as the course slides, ensuring you grasp and apply what you learn. Plus, content is aligned with The Business Continuity Institute’s esteemed Good Practice Guidelines and global BC standards.
By achieving this course, you will:
• Gain a comprehensive understanding for developing and maintaining a business continuity programme
• Familiarize yourself with BIA, risk assessment strategies, and implementation solutions.
• Understand the challenges and the strategies to boost awareness while embedding BC
• Explore the types of exercises used to validate BC Plans
What you will learn
- The concept of Business Continuity: Learn what is Business Continuity, and what role does it play in modern organizations?
- The BCM Lifecycle: Get a comprehensive overview of the Business Continuity Management lifecycle and its significance in ensuring continued operations.
- Policy & Programme Management: Dive into the formulation, oversight, and execution of policies and programmes crucial to business continuity (objectives, scope, governance, roles, and responsibilities).
- Embedding: Discover strategies and techniques to integrate business continuity principles into your organization's daily operations.
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA): Learn how to assess and prioritize potential disruptions in order to effectively mitigate risks. Dive into the four types and their associated risk and threat assessments.
- Designing for Continuity: Understand the five strategies and their processes for developing effective business continuity plans.
- Implementation: Learn the methodologies for implementing and documenting solutions. Develop the know-how to bring your business continuity plans to life, ensuring that they are not just theoretical.
- Validation: Master the five types of exercises and techniques for assessing the effectiveness and reliability of your continuity plans.
By the end of this course, you will have a clear idea of the vital components of Business Continuity, empowering you to safeguard your organization's operations against unforeseen disruptions.
Who is this course for?
The Introduction to Business Continuity Training course is ideal for individuals eager to begin a career in Business Continuity, as well as professionals with BC responsibilities in their roles.
This course includes
- BCI Course Material (modules, course slides and student workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course)
- 8 Continuing Professional Development modules
- Additional documentation and templates developed by Premier Continuum
No prior knowledge is required.
All students will receive an official certificate of attendance directly from the BCI after they successfully completed this course.
About Premier Continuum
A leader in Business Continuity, Premier Continuum helps worldwide organizations increase their organizational resilience through professional consulting and training services, supported by ParaSolution, its world-class BCM software. As a certified training partner of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) since 2008 and of ICOR since 2014, we have offered hundreds of classes in Canada, USA and Europe and trained more than 500 professionals. We take pride in sharing our unparalleled knowledge of the standards and best practices, our practical field-experience and our complete vision of resilience with our students.